WE ARE IN WEEK 3 OF THE CAMPAIGN!
You are one of the nearly 17,000+ people who have joined our national campaign to ensure we end homelessness and housing need! As a volunteer on this campaign, we were hoping you could help us by taking a series of actions today!
1/ SHOW YOUR SUPPORT WHERE YOU LIVE!
- As volunteers on the campaign, you should have all received a supporter kit in the mail! Can you post a photo of your kit on social media? Tag @VoteHousingCA and using the #VoteHousing #cdnpoli and #elxn44 hashtags!
2/ REGISTER FOR THE NATIONAL HOUSING DEBATE + SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- TOMORROW, we are hosting a National Housing Debate with all 5 major political parties.
3/ WATCH OUR NEW CAMPAIGN VIDEO AND SEND A LETTER
Our new campaign video explores why housing in Canada is so unaffordable -- and the answer may surprise you. Watch now!
4/ IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO, DONATE $10 OR MORE
Our campaign is going really well:
- Tens of thousands have joined our coalition
- Housing is on the ballot
- All major parties are wanting to engage in federal leadership on housing
- Several parties are committing to ending homelessness
- All parties are committing to implementing Indigenous Housing Strategy
But here’s the thing: the next two weeks are about capturing the public’s attention, their imagination.
We know, however, that in order for us to sustain the momentum, we will be competing with well-monied special interests. Frankly, we will be outspent.
To finish off this campaign strong, we need your help.
We're asking everyone who can afford to help, to donate $10 or more to help us promote our letter-writing campaigns, our social media outreach, and ensure that party leaders and candidates see the power of our movement.
To help you be visible with your support, we will send you the two "Housing is a Human Right" (EN/FR) stickers below that can be displayed indefinitely - our fight isn't over on election day!
5/ INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
- Send an email or text message to 5 your friends and family to join your campaign today. Here is a sample you can send!
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Invite your friends to follow us on Facebook by clicking on the three dots on the Vote Housing Facebook Page and invite your friends.